Saturday, May 3, 2008

YUCK





So shortly after meeting The G.I. doctor, DR.Hill, his first question was what are you doing here? Of course, he wasn't crying for the 45 minutes we were their, isn't that always the way? He seemed short and in a hurry, wasn't at all what I expected in a doctor. He changed a medicine he was on for reflux thinking this could be causing headaches. Seemed like a simple fix, I hurried to the pharmacy to get the pill which would help Drake stop crying.

Guess what, it wasn't the reflux medicine. So I hesitantly called the Dr. back only to find he was actually concerned and scheduled a 24 hour probe. Yes our first overnight stay at the hospital. I was secretly thinking, good, finally someone in the medical field can see first hand how much he cried.They put a horrible tube down his nose and strapped him head to toe on a aboard to get x-rays as he screamed in terror! I can't imagine not being able to hear or see well, what he endured that morning had to have been a cruel world to him.

We did get through the night and the results said he was refluxing something like 72 times a day. YUCK, I'd cry too. His meds were doubled and yes, It did seem to help. Didn't stop the constant crying, but it did help!

No comments: